Well Hello! Let’s Catch Up!
I really shouldn’t be writing this considering the “impending doom” (as we’ve been calling it) approaching with the start of exams. Here’s the run down:Last day of classes is this friday. Exam schedule: Physics Monday, Bio Wednesday, Orgo Saturday, Bio Lab Tuesday (the 17th).
Then I’m finished for almost a month! They are nicely spread out, but it’s gonna be a rouuuuugh couple of weeks.
The biggest debate I’m having right now is how much sleep to allow myself. I need to make sure I get a lot done during the day, so I’m thinking I might stick with 7 hours during the week. That’s less than I’d prefer, but I think enough to keep my sane with the help of some coffee or tea. (I’m on a tea kick right now.)
Over winter break my jobs are:
- Organize the NEDA walk. Any local Cville people want to sponsor or have a booth? Let me know!
- Study for the chem portion of the MCAT since it is farthest away in my brain
- Figure out the preliminary list of medical schools I want to apply to (!!!)
- Write my personal statement
So what else is going on?
- I am in major HYDRATION mode right now. Break was a little heavy on the celebration (aka alcohol) side of things so I’m trying to go for water water water. Should help me with feeling good during exams too.
- I’ve ordered about 1/2 of my Christmas gifts. It’s no fun to be thrifty with them — I LOVE LOVE giving gifts and sometimes go over the top — but money is tight with no paycheck so I’m being thoughtful about good gifts that aren’t super expensive.
- I ran 5 miles the other day! 5 miles slower than I’ve ever run before, but man was I happy. I’m gonna stop at that distance and try to get my speed back, I think. I love running.
- I’ve been putting nuts on my breakfast instead of nut butter. I never thought I’d like it, but the roasted salted pecans from TJ’s are bomb and I like having some crunch.
- I just ate an entire bag’s worth of roasted green beans. Love them.
I really wish I had more interesting things to tell you, but my life is boring right now.
Don’t forget to prep your FIVE THINGS FRIDAY post to link up tomorrow!
Have a good Thursday!