Thank you all so much for your responses to my reader feedback survey. I didn’t expect as much input as I received, and truly appreciate you helping me move this space forward in a positive and effective way.
Feedback is not always easy. I have to get it all the time in medical school, and I can’t think of a single person that gets excited about feedback sessions. However it’s so necessary for growth and progress, so I thank you for being honest with me. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking on the direction of the blog going forward. Starting to figure out where I want my medical career to go is helping me figure out where I want the blog to go too. It will never be just one thing – it’s called Fitting It All In for a reason – but I think can figure out what really lights me up and provides value to you all at the same time.
Without further ado, here are the reader feedback survey results!
The vast majority of you are 25-35, like me! 18% are 18-25, and the rest are 35+.
We are 100% female over here! Not surprised one bit.
How Long Have You Been Reading?
This question was fascinating to me, since my blog has changed a lot since I started over 7 years ago.
- Since the beginning: 3% (wow!!)
- 5+ years: 29% (again, wow!)
- 3+ years: 23%
- A few years: 33%
- Less than 1 year: 12% (Welcome!)
Where Else Do You Follow?
The vast majority of you also follow me on Instagram, which I love! It’s one of my favorite platforms for sharing more in-the-moment snippets of my days. Only around 8% of you are following me on Facebook or other places. And no one follows my Pinterest! That makes sense to me since I barely ever use Pinterest these days, anyway. I do share some interesting articles I read on medicine, mental health, etc on my Facebook page though, if you want to check it out!
Are You Involved In Healthcare?
50% are not involved, 43% are, and 7% hope to be one day. Right at 50/50! I’m happy to have so many healthcare people with me, and excited to share with and learn from all of you that do completely different things, too.
What Topics Do You Enjoy Reading?
From highest to lowest:
- Daily Life. Wow, okay! Sometimes I feel like these posts are just fluff, but I’m glad to share more if you all enjoy them!
- Medical School
- Relationships. I’ll try to share a bit more because I think relationships are important and good to talk about, but I am also giving my boyfriend as much privacy as possible.
- Fitness/Yoga. I actually had no clue you all liked this stuff so much. I’ll do my best to share more of my workouts and maybe include more quick at home yoga flows that I create. Right now I’m sharing more of the workouts I do on my Instagram stories.
- Mental Health. A huge passion of mine. This is something I want to write about more (and focus a lot of my career on!)
- Eating Disorder / Body Image. It’s interesting that this post was in the bottom half, considering this is what I started the blog based on. I was recently recovered and learning how to be healthy. And I failed at that a whole lot for a while! I haven’t talked about it as much lately because it’s not a big part of my life, but I’m still incredibly passionate about eating disorder advocacy, prevention, and treatment.
What Topics Do You Want To See Less Of?
From highest to lowest:
- Beauty. Noted, guys! This was the only category that had over 50% of you saying you want less. I’m definitely not a beauty expert so I get that people aren’t coming to this blog for that. And I totally respect that not everyone is into Beautycounter. Less of it will be on the blog, for sure. There are few post requests I gotten, but I will do my best to make them infrequent and not inundate you. I know the holiday season was extra awful with all the sales going on, and I apologize. It’s a company I truly believe in, but I never want it to take away from my major focus and content here.
- Fashion. 37% wanted less fashion. When I’ve asked before if you all like my outfits on Instagram, I get lots of yes! I think I’ll just keep tossing in some outfits when I find something I really love or find a great deal on. I get that my day-to-day outfits are pretty basic and not something you need to see all the time.
- Eating Disorders / Body Image. 25% of you wanted less of this. I can’t really promise that since I’m very passionate, but it’s actually not something I post about all that often anymore.
- Fitness / Yoga. Under 15%
- Mental Health. Under 15%
- Relationships. Under 15%
- Medical School. Under 15%
And NO one wanted less daily life. That’s the favorite, which I did not at all expect! I feel like a reality TV-blog over here:)
What Is Your Favorite Part Of Fitting It All In?
- That it’s honest and real, showing the positive and the struggles. <—that’s my goal!
- What it’s like to be in medical school.
- Career changes and life transitions.
- How I juggle everything.
- Article round ups and outfit ideas were also mentioned.
What Can I Do Better?
- More yoga flows. Okay! Creating flows can actually be really beautiful, so I will try to work on a few little sequences to share this year.
- Less beautycounter. Yep – got it!
- Proofread. I’m sorry about this! I do my best to proofread, but so often find frustrating errors. Having someone else proofread isn’t a good option for me right now with the way I run the blog, but I’m looking into plug-in options that can help me out with it before I publish.
- Sound more knowledgable. Part of why I don’t write a lot of specific medical information on the blog is because I’m still a student and I’m still learning! There is also a little “imposter syndrome” in effect. I just never feel like I’m worthy or capable of being the person sharing medical information. However, one of my goals is to write more thoughtful, educational posts about medicine and mental health. These take a lot of time, but I will try to get a few well-written pieces up this year.
Any Other Comments Or Suggestions?
- Keep being real. Keep sharing your truth and don’t get discouraged.
- There is an awful pop-up I always get when I try to read on my phone! <–UGH. I have been working on getting this fixed for months now, and I’ve about had it with my ad network not doing it! I truly don’t understand why it’s taking so long. But I’m working on it guys! I’m sorry!
- More medicine posts. and info about post-bac. More posts in general!
- One person said my blog is improved recently. Another said my blog has gone down hill. Tom-A-to, Tom-ah-to. Sometimes you have to take this stuff with a grain of salt.
- “Just continue being you. I feel that you’ve really come into your own in 2017. Not sure what the reason is behind it but it’s been very refreshing!” <–The sweetest thing ever! I sort of feel that way as well, and it’s been wonderful. Still growing, but feel like I’m starting to figure out my purpose.
Stay tuned for a post I’m writing about my purpose and goals for this space going forward. Thanks again!!