The Charlottesville NEDA Walk was a success!
And PHEW am I glad it’s over!! Lots of stress off my shoulders:)
- We lucked out with a beautiful 70 degree (windy!) day.
- We had a great turnout and raised over $1000 at the event itself through registrations, donations, and raffle tickets. That brings our total to just under $10,000 (!!!!), and I’m hoping for some last minute donations to bring us up to the 10k mark!
- We had around 100 walkers and a great bunch of dogs wearing cute little NEDA bandanas.
- We had Great Harvest bread, Trader Joe’s granola bars, and bananas from Whole Foods.
- We had people from the Center of Discover in Fairfax and the UVA Student Health Center with booths.
- We had had a few speakers including a mother who lost her daughter to bulimia in November, and Matt Wetsel of Til EDs Are No More.
- Lots of my classmates came and supported me which meant a lot.
- Someone told me the event was organized, which was the opposite of how I was feeling and totally made my day.
It makes me so happy to be able to help raise this money for NEDA and support those who are struggling.