I recovered from my eating disorder about 10 years ago. A couple of years ago I’ve made another push towards better body image and true health, and am now happier than I’ve ever been. I am committed to myself and having a vibrant, happy life instead of worrying about a number on a scale. And I want you to be, too!
I’m very passionate about removing the stigmas surrounding eating disorders and mental health issues as well as helping to make Eating Disorders a public health priority. There are lots of misconceptions and a general lack of knowledge about eating disorders in our society that lead to disparities in health insurance coverage. There are damaging cultural trends that focus on appearance instead of health. There are too many people that feel alone because they are afraid to talk about how they are feeling. I hope that by opening up about my own struggles I can start a conversation, be an advocate for those that are struggling, and help others feel less alone.
I’m interested in getting more involved in any way possible. I’m have volunteered as a NEDA Navigator, have participated in Missouri Lobbying Day, spoke on NPR Seattle, and coordinated the 2014 Charlottesville NEDA Walk.
Please email me at fittingitallin (at) gmail (dot) com with any opportunities or requests.
Below you’ll find (in reverse chronological order) some of the posts I’ve written on various aspects of recovery.
Please note that my blog follows my current life and may not be appropriate or helpful for some people in certain stages of recovery. I am now living a normal life with intuitive eating and exercise, so please refrain from following along if you don’t think that will be beneficial to you at this time. Take care of yourselves!
- To The Bone
- Things to Read, Look At, & Listen to During the Hard Days of Recovery
- Why I Say I’m “Recovered” From My Eating Disorder
- How To Find Your Motivation For Recovery
- God and My Recovery
- I Am NOT My Eating Disorder!
- Rethinking What Fat Means To Us
- Mental Recovery: It Has To Be YOUR Choice
- 10 Reasons To Choose Recovery
- When You SHOULD Eat Junk Food!
- The Difference Between Eating A Lot and a Binge
- How I Stopped Binging
- On Boyfriends and Body Image VLOG
- When It Gets To Me
- MY Recovery
- This Thanksgiving Was Different
- Is Four A Cycle?
- Don’t Feel Sorry
- Can You Be Healthy In Recovery?
- Blogs I Read Now
- No One Tries To Stay Sick
- Easing Back Into Working Out After Recovery
- What Should You Weigh?
- My Motivation
- I Got My Period Back!
- I Got Rid of Half My Closet
- My Version Of Healthy
- Changes At Home
- Fun or Fit?
- REAL Retail Therapy
- But How Do You FEEL?
- All Over The Place
- You Don’t Have BED
- Binge Eating Resources
- You Can’t Just Quit Food
- NPR Seattle’s “The Conversation” With Ross Reynolds: Pro-Eating Disorder Propaganda Proliferates On The Internet (Radio)
- Sylvia Boorstein On Genetic Fallback Glitches
- Half Marathon Metaphor
- On Balance
- Choosing Your Friends (And More)
- When Fitspiration Isn’t Inspiring
- Missouri Eating Disorder Advocacy Day
- 5 Things I Leared in One Week of Intuitive Eating
- Intuitive Eating Out
- What Constitutes a Binge?
- Intuitive Eating
- My Current Struggle (on emotional eating)
- I Can’t Share Food
- ED Recovery and Vegetarianism/Veganism
- When ED Thought Slips Back In
- On Guilt
- But There Was A Hitch
- Transitioning to Real Food
- My Story