I admit I didn’t pay attention to much of the actual awards part of the Emmys. I meant to, but I was getting some work done and talking to people and so was distracted.
I did make sure to watch watch the red carpet (and of course went back and looked at everything online) so let’s talk dresses. There honestly weren’t any that blew me away this year, nor any that I felt were just completely ridiculous disasters. But of course there were some I liked more than others, so here are my picks:
1. Ginnifer Goodwin. It’s different and a bit of a risk, but I love the color and I think that her simple hair and accessories helped her pull it off.
2. Hayden Panetierre. I’m actually kind of surprised that I like this since often bunches of draping tulle can end up looking messy, but I think it’s kind of cool. I like the lines that it creates and the blue/gold combo.
3. Kelly Osbourne. Call me crazy, but I think she looked better than I’ve ever seen her! I don’t know if I’ll ever be on board with the whole purple/gray hair thing, but I thought the dress looked wonderful on her.
4. Tina Fey. So I actually don’t even love the dress that much, but I think the silhouette really accents her figure.
5. Julie Bowen. Love the bright color. Love the fit. Love the fun mermaid detail at the bottom.
NOT SO MUCH:
1. Sophia Vergara. It’s just too much. We all know she’s this sexy bombshell, but I’d love to see her in something more classic and reserved. Also it reminds me of the Little Mermaid
2. Heidi Klum. I mean the woman is beautiful and the dress is pretty, but WHOA. I think it would have been more elegant without the multiple slits.
3. Julianne Moore. I love color and I generally love clean lines and long sleeves, I just didn’t think this did anything for her.
1. Maria Menounos. It’s a pretty dress. It looks great on her. It just didn’t wow me. It’s safe.
2. Nicole Kidman. I usually think she looks fantastic. She always keeps things simple, clean, and elegant. But I wasn’t a huge fan of the blue design on this one…
Still nothing that tops my favorite awards dress: Emma Stone at the 2011 Golden Globes
What do you think? Agree with me? What are your best and worst dressed picks?