It sort of feels like a real Friday to me since I am working Sunday this week instead of Saturday. Sunday is my last day on call with my team – crazy! Only six more days left here, then I spend my last four weeks of Internal Medicine at a different hospital. I’ve heard it’s a little less intense there which sounds pretty nice:)
Sharing another round of Friday Favorites today!
Vega One Mocha + Cold Brew
Mocha is my favorite Vega flavor for smoothies, but the containers now have a little recipe on the front that includes adding espresso to the shake! Sometimes when I’m rushing to get to work and it’s too early to be hungry, I throw some cold brew, Vega One, and almond milk in a blender bottle and head out the door. Extra caffeine kick + tons of good greens and vitamins to start the day = YES.
Great new workout classes
I’m really happy I decided to start using ClassPass. It’s the motivation I need to get myself to workout after a long day at work! I’ve also found some new classes I LOVE, but wouldn’t want to pay for at the studio prices. I’m dying for Orange Theory to join Classpass, though!
- Yoga Six – some amazing yoga classes! Not quite the same as my usual Metro Power Yoga, but I’m loving trying some new flows and styles. And the studio is gorgeous.
- PLNK – THE best core workout I’ve ever gotten. Easily.
- Fitness Formula – Great cardio + circuits, and using the versa climber is so different!
My lazy girl Italian casserole
I rarely take the time to follow a recipe these days. I wanted to make a big dish I could take for lunch all week, so just took stock of what I had. Here’s what I ended up doing:
- Microwaved from Trader Joe’s brown rice and put it in the bottom of a baking dish
- Layered some cooked ground turkey and baked zucchini and squash on top.
- Drizzled on some pasta sauce and sprinkled on some cheese.
- A few minutes in the oven and I had my teammates talking about how good my lunch looked!
I picked these these through a partnership with New Balance and I am in LOVE. I hadn’t worn New Balance in like a decade because I associated them with being kind of clunky and not great for athletics, but apparently they’ve upped their game. These are light weight, have a special insole for my pronation, and are just so freaking cute!
So many fun fall travel plans!
This is both exciting and simultaneously stress inducing, but I’m never gonna complain about cool travel opportunities!
- NYC with my boyfriend next weekend since I have both days off
- Philadelphia for my childhood neighbor’s wedding in mid-October
- Notre Dame for a football game with my whole family on the day of my 30th birthday
- Hilton Head reunion weekend with my college girls at the end of October
- Boston for a med school AAMC conference in early November
Cleansing Balm as Nighttime Moisturizer
I started out using Beautycounter’s Cleansing Balm just to take off my make up. It’s similar to my old cold cream (rub it on, wipe off with gentle wash cloth that’s included) except 100x more luxurious and without all the Never List ingredients. My skin feels so amazing after it that now I tend to throw a light layer on at night before bed! It’s insanely dense and feels so good. Love finding a good two in one product!
- Beautycounter takes on DC!
- Kath’s post “I Befriended My Troll” was surprising and wonderful
- Gut microbes could help trigger multiple sclerosis
- Genetic variants found that may contribute to eating disorders
- My friend Mike is going for 20-0 tomorrow, and a chance to be a top 10 boxer in the world!
Fall new arrivals
- These pants look like they’d be so comfy all day at the hospital. And a different cut than I usually wear!
- Classic V neck sweater with a little extra fun in the sleeves.
- These mules are too perfect. I’m all about bows lately.
- Give me all of the big cozy cardigans please!
Have a great weekend!!