I’m sitting here on Brittany’s couch watching the DNC and eating a bowl of Love Grown Super Os. I think I may have a few new readers around here since I’ve started to talk a little bit more about medical school things, so I figured it’d be a good time to do a few getting to know me questions. I found the survey on Jen’s blog, who found it on Teri’s. Hi ladies! <3
Getting To Know Me Survey
1. What brings you the greatest joy? True, vulnerable connection. We’ve gotten so much of this at Yoga Teacher Training and it’s wonderful.
2. What are your vices? Eating copious amounts of chocolate. I hesitate to call that a vice though 😉
3. What is on your nightstand? Daring Greatly, Complications, and a journal. Bath and Body Works lotion and pillow mist. Vaseline. Lavender Do Terra oil. My lamp. A framed dry erase board from Brittany to write my prayers on.
4. Do you have a secret talent? I think most people are most surprised to find out I play the harp, even though it’s not really a secret! I’m a really good hula hooper too.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Pedicures and massages. I dream of a day when massages are fully covered by insurance.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Moving to a new city on their own. It makes you learn yourself in a whole new way.
7. What makes you laugh? My group text message with my best friends from school. My brothers. My dad says my little brother is the funniest person he’s ever met.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I didn’t know how to answer this so I asked Brittany. She says I’m really awesome with kids. That makes me so happy! I looooove kids:)
(me with Brittany’s kids – fitting!)
9. What is on your bucket list? I don’t really have one! There are definitely places I’d like to visit and things I’d like to do, but I feel like a “bucket list” means that I will be hugely disappointed in myself if these things never happen. I don’t like that – I like to go with the flow of where my life takes me!
10. What is on your feet right now? Nothing! I don’t wear shoes around my house (or Brittany’s house – that’s where I am now!) But otherwise it’s usually my Rainbow flip fops. I wear them because they have arch support which I need for my over-pronating feet.
11. How did you make your first dollar? When I was really little I had lemonade stands, of course, but also made beaded necklaces to sell to neighbors. I’m sure they reallllllly loved them haha. My first real job was at a monogram gift store during high school.
12. What superstition do you believe in? Hmmm. I don’t know if I believe in any? I like to read horoscopes because I think they are fun, and sometimes I “believe” them when they are convenient. And I’ll go along with superstitions but I don’t really believe they’re real.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? I seriously don’t know. I think thoughtful little gifts are the best — so something random because a person thought of you, not necessarily a big holiday gift. One of my most memorable gifts was one Christmas when I was little and my parents surprised us with bikes out on the porch. Mine was a pink Barbie bike:)
15. What is on your liquor shelf? Oh that does not exist for me. If I keep any alcohol in the house it’s wine. I don’t have any of my own right now, but my roommate has a few Blue Moons and a bottle of red.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? Well since three of us recently move in together we have a TON of stuff on our counter! Luckily it’s big so it doesn’t look too cluttered. We have: 2 paper towel holders, 2 knife sets, two spatula containers, my nespresso, a regular coffee maker, a keurig, a juicer, a hot water boiler, my ninja, alaina’s blender, a toaster, and a cutting board.
17.What would you never leave home without? My cell phone! And my keys. Those are the two things that always come with me, even if I’m just going out for a quick walk.
Alright, back to the DNC. Lots of speeches to watch! Answer one of these for me….
- What’s on your liquor shelf?
- What should everyone try at least once in their life?