I can 100% say I would be thrilled to receive anything off of today’s gift guide. If you got a yogi in your life, or perhaps someone wanting to get into yoga, these are the things they need to be all set for their flow. From a good mat and towel, to fancy props, to a fabulous outfit (I am so into all the green this year if you couldn’t tell), you can’t go wrong!
The best gifts to give are the ones they want but would never ask for, right?
Here’s my Gift Guide for Yoga Lovers:
If they’re new to yoga…
- Nice yoga mat – I just recently got a Manduka Eko and love it. (Here is a review of the best yoga mats!)
- A Good towel – No more sweat dripping into their eyes when they’re in the zone
- Month pass to a yoga studio – such a generous gift!
- Mat cleaner – Probably something I should use more often….
If they’re a part time contortionist…
- Yoga wheel – These are the newest craze! A wheel can help with a ton of advanced poses.
- Infinity strap – I use this at my studio all the time and am eyeing one for my home practice. They are way easier to use than the traditional long straps, and I love the little bit of elasticity in them. These are key for working on flexibility.
- Blocks – A must for any yoga practice. Blocks help keep good alignment so you can get into more poses without sacrificing form.
If they’re into hot yoga…
- Short shorts – You’ll see tons of these in any Bikram yoga studio because you don’t have to worry about pulling them down throughout practice.
- Vega Electrolytes – They’ll need to rehydrate after an hour in an 100 degree room, and Vega is my favorite for clean products!
- Towel for over their mat – the grippies prevent it from moving around during practice.
- Insulated water bottle – To keep they water extra cold even in the heat.
If they’re in it for the cute clothes…
- Striped leggings – Obsessed with K.Deer lately! Plus they are LONG <3
- Goddess Ribbed Leggings – I’ve been dying to try a pair of these.
- Humble Warrior Tank – I love the Spiritual Gangster line (and humble warrior pose.)
- Vinyasa Scarf – A Lululemon must have. So many ways to wear it!
- Bondage Leggings – So trendy!
- Grey Hoodie – Love the scuba warmth, plus…J.CREW.
- Green Tank – My current fav tank style.
- Studio Wrap – A to and from class look that steps up your “workout clothes” game!
If they’re not into the hippie stuff…
Bad Yogi Subscription. Erin and Adrien are the yoga teachers for the for the people that aren’t into the stereotypical yoga culture. They didn’t like the exclusivity and judgment they found in some yoga studios, and so created their own space for “bad yogis.”
The Perfect Body Yoga Program is AMAZING for anyone wanting to get into yoga or just someone that doesn’t have the time or money for studio classes. Oh, and “perfect body” just means whatever your version of perfect is! No six pack or weight loss talk here. Erin is so welcoming, calming, and and teaching challenging but relaxing classes. You can do them daily or just whenever you need some yoga in your life. I love them for vacation workouts or quick study breaks! Highly recommended!