This week has been SO restful for me. I feel so relieved to just be at home, being productive, and feeling good now that my crazy busy June is over. My mornings have started with coffee and a book on the porch, doing a little yoga, then getting going on my day of research and work. I’ve lifted a few times and gotten in some juicy good yoga practices which were much needed for a stiff airplane-sitting back. I am so grateful for all of the cool things I get to do, but sometimes there is nothing better than just being at home.
Time to share some of the things I’m loving lately!
- Krishna Das. He makes devotional Hindu music that is so, so beautiful. Even though I don’t know what it means, I find it so relaxing for practicing yoga or meditating. My favorite is called Baba Hanuman.
2. Butter. The Irish eat a lot of real butter. I had been avoiding it because I worried about the dairy on my IBS-prone stomach, but I didn’t have any issues over there so I have continued to have it here. REAL butter is just so freaking good. I’ve been using Kerrygold.
3. TJ’s Chicken Sausages. Every time I buy chicken sausages I love them so much. I’m on a total kick lately — they are so easy to just heat up in a pan (they come fully cooked) and add a huge flavor kick to any meal.
4. Smoothie King’s Nutty Super Grain. A friend got me going to Smoothie King and it was the worst thing that ever happened. I LOVE making my Vega smoothies, but man the Nutty Super Grain (sub strawberries for apple juice since my stomach doesn’t like apples) is SO GOOD. It’s made with Sunwarrior which is another favorite protein powder. I would get one every day if I could.
5. Model Co. Lip Lacquer. I was gifted 6 months of BirchBox for Christmas and this sample came a few months ago. I LOVE IT. The color is Morocco and it’s so subtle but still adds a little shine and color. I’ve been wearing it all the time.
6. HeadSpace. This is a great free meditation app that I just recently started using. I have been trying to establish a daily meditation practice again, so these guided ones are really helpful. It’s so approachable abut not too fru fru, but still gets me in that good, grounded, calm place. Highly recommended!
7. Being of Power: The 9 Practices to Ignite an Empowered Life. This is one of Baron Baptiste’s books and it is required for my yoga teacher training. His books are SO inspiring. They make me rethink everything in my life. The bring me out of my fear and negativity and into my power. These principles are the reason I’m so in love with Baptiste Yoga – it’s so much more than just a physical practice. This book is definitely one I’m going to keep and re-read whenever I need a little self-help kick in the pants.
Alright, off to get some work done before another weekend of Yoga Teacher Training starts tonight. Hope you have a fun weekend planned! xoxo
- What’s one thing you’re loving lately?