It’s the last day of week one of Flexible February!! If you’re participating, be sure to leave a comment TODAY over at the ChallengeLoop page simply stating that you completed the goal. We’ll choose the winner of the NuNaturals from those comments!
I have such a happy tummy right now.
I just got home from Friday’s lunch. My friend Casey and I went to the new location of Local Harvest Cafe in downtown St. Louis. I had been to this farm-to-table style restaurant a few years ago (read about it here!) and even took a cooking class with the head chef, but had no clue they opened a new breakfast and lunch spot. They focus on local ingredients, sustainability, and education. Dream restaurant, right?
It was one of those places where I couldn’t decide what to get. The whole menu looked amazing! Here are a few things I was deciding between:
- Vegan Chili
- The Morganford Mediterranean: Ah!zeefa lentil dip, feta, onion, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, kalamata olives, field greens, balsamic dressing on foccaccia (V)
- Molly’s Veggie Burger: Pinto bean patty, house made hummus, red onions, sliced pickles, greens, roasted garlic aioli (V)
- Organic Banh Mi: Sesame baked tofu, house made kim chee, cilantro, mint
- Nicoise Salad: House-smoked Missouri trout, hard boiled local cage-free eggs, pickled green beans, red potatoes, olives, capers, red onion, apple cider vinaigrette
Can you guess what I got!?
I hadn’t had a homemade veggie burger in forever. And look at the size of that thing! They really packed it on.
I was so happy that the brioche bun wasn’t too hard (hard bread makes a sandwich no fun to eat) and that there was a thick layer of hummus. The burger was hearty but soft and the whole thing was just awesome.
The only thing left on my plate at the end was a few pieces of lettuce that fell off, and the rind of the decorative orange slice.
Can’t wait to try the rest of the menu!
Casey is a friend from Notre Dame that now works here in St. Louis. We hadn’t caught up in a while, and since she is starting a new BLOG she had some questions!! It’s a DIY blog (think young house love, but for 20-somethings that are working full-time) that is launching this March. She and her friend already have over 50 amazing projects ready to go, and one of the premises is that people our age don’t have to just buy cheap generic Target furniture in our first apartments or homes. We can make it our own really easily!
I’m so excited for her and will for sure share more when “The DIY Playbook” Officially launches. Until then, check out their projects on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/diyplaybook/
- What is your favorite veggie burger? A local place that has a homemade one?
- Do you read any DIY / House / Craft blogs? I read Young House Love, but should read more and be more creative!