Before that I had a 5 mile speed-work run at the gym. Same intervals from 8-8.5mph but this time I recovered at 6.8 instead of 6.7. CRAZY I know. When complete I did some abs and arms and called it a day.
*Hoping* I wont be able to wear this winter-ish plaid skirt much longer!
Easy-to-eat AB & Banana sandwich since we were leaving immediately to shop.
Same salad as last night for lunch, but beefed up with some chickpeas and cucumber. Accompanied by an apple and the rest of my parsnip fries.
This week is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week.
“This year, NEDA asks everyone to do just one thing to help raise awareness and provide accurate information about eating disorders.” If you’re part of an organization or business that wants to get involved, the website has tons of activities, lectures, and videos to watch. If you’re just a regular old person looking to spread the word, here are some of my ideas of how to help:
- Tell a friend something positive about themselves that doesn’t involve his or her body
- Leave Operation Beautiful notes!
- Donate to an organization like Girls On The Run that promotes healthy body image
- Thank the people who helped you realize your own beauty or aided your ED recovery
- Be GOOD to your body this week. Eat nourishing food, get adequate exercise, but also stretch and relax.
My favorite quote during recovery was “Life is too short to keep treating my body this way“. You are worth taking care of!
How will you participate in National Eating Disorders Awareness Week?