Another year of blogging in the books! It’s always fun to look back at your favorite posts & pages of the year. Some are new this year, but some are older posts that have stayed popular. It’s an interesting mix!
I spent some time this week optimizing these posts — new images, better SEO, a few minor edits (mostly taking out stuff about giveaways that isn’t relevant anymore.) They’re all updated and fresh for the new year.
I have to take a moment to thank you all for reading. I’ve had my blog for over six years now, and it has followed me through some big life changes. The blog has changed and will continue to as I progress through medical school, and I truly appreciate you sticking with me. I love being able to share with and hopefully inspire you all. Thank you for allowing me that.
Top Posts & Pages of 2016
1.I Got It Back! The post explaining how I got my period back after amenorrhea. It’s still the topic I get emailed about the most, though postbac pre-med programs are now a close second.
2. My Story. The history of my struggle with Anorexia. This was one of the first things I wrote when I started the blog, and then added to it as the years went by.
3. It’s Friday In Lent – What To Eat? I didn’t expect this to be so popular, but I guess a lot of people are looking for meatless meal ideas!
4. An Honest Rodan & Fields Review. What the popular skin care line can do for someone who’s skin wasn’t too bad to begin with. I loved getting to try these products and hopefully one day I can fit them into my budget!
5. Advice For Women in Medicine. Tips from a panel of women physicians.
6. 27 Pieces of Advice for your 27th Birthday. I asked readers for advice and they shared some deep, funny, and practical tidbits.
7. Juicing With a Blender. What started as a little experiment with my new blender has stayed really popular! It’s a great way to make juice without investing in a juicer.
8. 50 Minute Spin Workout. This was the first time I created my own spin workout, and now I do them all the time!
9. Medicine Page. All the posts I’ve written about my career change and time in medical school.
10. I Tried It – Oatless Oatmeal. One of my favorite breakfasts when I tried Paleo a few years ago. Now I want to make it again!
11. I Was So Wrong About Medical School. I had these crazy ideas about life in med school and I am so glad I was wrong!
12. How I Lost Ten Pounds. I was surprised to find I’d lost a little weight, and I here are the perhaps surprising things that made it happen.
13. Day In The Life of a New M1. Before I started school, I had no idea what my days would be like. I started sharing Day In The Life posts to give other premed students a look!
14. Recovery Page. All the posts I’ve shared about my eating disorder recovery.
15. Easy Personalized Wine Glasses. A super simple DIY gift I made for a friend!
16. You Don’t Have BED. This post takes me back to such a frustrating and hard time. I was so confused about my eating behaviors and loss of period. I wrote this right after a little breakthrough I had that eventually led me to get better!
17. 8×400 Treadmill Sprints. I guess we have a lot of people training for races – maybe they’re like me and can’t stand running in the cold:)
18. When You SHOULD Eat Junk Food. Not the typical diet advice you read! I think it’s important to eat ALL food, whatever you’re craving, when you’re recovering from any sort of disordered eating.
19. Recipes Page. I actually haven’t added to the recipes page in a long time, but I’m thinking I should go back through and make some of these old ones!
20. Day In The Life of a Med Student. Another day in the life post! Every day is different.
Have a fun and safe New Years celebration, friends!!